Thursday, November 17, 2005

Space travel is boring.

So passing the bar is like any other life achievement: all the fun seems to be in getting there. And I never thought I'd say this, but I really did enjoy getting there--one of the best summers of my life. After all that, though, it's just hard to get too excited about passing something that 85% of first-time takers also passed.

My illustrious legal temp agency finally found me some work last week doing document review on a huge asbestos case. It was pretty tedious, but I made some friends and inadvertantly learned a lot of stuff that I'm now sworn not to repeat regarding basic standards and practices in the asbestos industry in the '80s. Although their name is public record, I'll mention only that the defendant happens to be one of the deep pockets responsible for giving all of those kids leukemia in "A Civil Action," one of the many books that inspired me to go to law school. Can't say I enjoyed being on the defense side of things on this one.

Fellow unemplawyed MA entry-level attorneys might want to check in with this guy, who wants to get us together for--well, not networking, I guess (obviously, none of us know anyone useful or we'd be employed by now)--some kind of group therapy, maybe? Can't hurt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so soon after graduating with visions of public interest, being ethical, etc. just so you can get some legal experience you are already working for evil people? how does this make you feel?

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home