Wednesday, November 02, 2005

the ballad of how you can all shut up.

As noted earlier, there are worse things than being unemployed. Like renting yourself out as beer-guzzling, Kanye-West-style live performance art. Or spending an hour eating margarine. The Craigslist "etcetera" job section never lets me down.

Good interview. I liked the place immediately (it helped that it's in the heart of Harvard Medical School--top floor of the library, actually), and it all went pretty well. Coming from a legal background didn't seem to hurt my chances (probably the opposite, although it was really hard to tell) and I decided by the time I'd left that this would be the perfect interim job while I keep looking.

The job itself doesn't involved as much editing as I'd like, but it does involve taking manuscripts from submission to publication. Plenty of author relations and opportunities for me to practice my phone and diplomacy skills, two things I'll really need to have in force before I'm a lawyer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what does the bear costume have to do with kanye-west?

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home