Thursday, December 22, 2005

good news for people who love bad news

"However, because of the focus on criminal justice and public safety, we have chosen to call back candidates with more experience in these areas."

This from the Senator's chief of staff this morning. After the initial inevitable period of disappointment/lying on the floor staring at the ceiling, it really had me wondering: who IS going to have enough experience to merit a callback? Since the job wasn't publicly advertised, I gathered that their potential interview pool consisted mostly of current Beacon Hill staffers and their friends. Given what the job was going to pay, I can't see that someone with the perfect kind of experience here would be interested. C. says it was probably an internal hire, that they probably already knew who they were after. I know that I already promised not to whine too much, but this really is disappointing. This would be a good place to stop.

I'm going to go clean for awhile... that always makes me feel better. This afternoon will be dedicated to the stack of other opportunities I've been meaning to follow up on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz Warner said...

Your blog is fantastic. It's freaking hilarious and you're such a good writer. I feel ashamed having my pathetic whiny blog in the same space! Anyway thanks. This will provide me with much entertaining, educational reading while I'm avoiding doing work. :)

Liz

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home